Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bonjour-Niao

January 9-15th, 2009 I was absent from school.
I went to France for an IB Conference in Paris, France. I thought I would have to miss the Wednesday scheduled f2f meeting, but instead was able to watch it directly from my mother's computer.
Thanks to some neat technology, the class was videotaped and broadcasted live on our coetail wiki. Although the connection was not always the best, I was able to meet some of our overseas' colleagues and classmates.
David Young, currently teaches in ISBeijing but will be joining ISBangkok next fall. 2 reasons why I think our connection was neat:
1- One of our assignment was to read different blogs from our RSS feed. I went searching for David's. I have been reading his blogs. If you haven't done so yet, go check him out. Neat ideas and good questions raised!
2- In the midst of our conversation, I asked David if ISBeijing teaches French. In my search for connecting my middle school French students with other French students, I asked David if he could put me in contact with the French teachers at his school so we could (maybe*) create an exchange between our students. David and I exchanged e-mail. He has since e-mailed me, putting me in touch with one of the French teacher at ISBeijing. I hope to be able to establish contact between our two French programs, so that our students can write/read/listen & speak to each other. Exciting!

To be continued…

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting! So glad you were able to stay connected with our class virtually and that you were able to make a new connection with one of our new colleagues! This is why we love technology!

    ReplyDelete