Sunday, February 8, 2009

How are your thoughts changing? (Taxonomy)

The readings from Churches and Siemens were difficult for me to take in. I had to read several times and take some time to think about it. Also, reading others' blog posts (Susi, Robin) on those reading helped me understand them better and reflect on the impact in my own learning/teaching.

I am not sure that I am ready to carve the Bloom's Digital taxonomy in stone (or post on my blog) just yet. It seems that technologies are evolving and changing so fast that this new taxonomy may not be applicable in 5-10 years? Will we be re-making taxonomies every 5 years?

However, as a teacher, it was interesting for me to go through each digital element of the taxonomy to evaluate where I stand. It gave me a perspective for what my students, the next generation, already know/use/control. In turn, it made me reflect on what we/they use or not in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment